Qualification……………….. BTEC Level 4
This course is an essential introduction to the key ideas, techniques and concerns at the heart of professional security management today.
It provides comprehensive coverage of the responsibilities, resources and skills that are central to providing effective security management in the commercial environment.
From identifying issues, understanding theories about risk, and isolating causes and prevention of crime to designing and implementing loss prevention and security initiatives that really work, it’s the ideal course for today’s security manager.
Throughout the course learners will build a portfolio of work that will form the basis of a written assignment to be completed post course.
Learners will complete a workbook which, when combined with the written assignment, forms the basis of the BTEC accreditation assessment.
- Role of the security manager
- Criminology, offenders and crime prevention theory
- Key legislation
- Risk management
- Crime management and prevention
- Security and working with human resources
- Supply chain security
- Security technology
- Preventing customer and supplier theft
- Preventing burglary, robbery and fraud
- Designing a security/crime reduction initiative
- Writing effective security reports
- Adding value through security