- Lawfulness, Fairness, and Transparency
- Limitations on Purposes of Collection, Processing, and Storage
- Data Minimization
- Accuracy of Data
- Data Storage Limits
- Integrity and Confidentiality
Who are the Linx International Group?
What personal data do we collect?
The Linx International Group may collect the following personal data:
- Contact information, such as your name, job title, postal address, including your home address, where you have provided this to us, business address, telephone number, mobile phone number, fax number and email address;
- Payment data, such as data necessary for processing payments and fraud prevention, including credit/debit card numbers, security code numbers and other related billing information;
- We may also require: copies of personal data to validate your identity, career history information, academic qualifications, details of professional memberships, health personal data, details of dietary preferences or details of any criminal record you may have;
- Special categories of personal data may be required in connection with our contractual obligations to provide our services, Any use of such information is based on your consent. If you do not provide any such information, we may not be able to provide our services;
- Your username/password for the online learning platforms or other password protected platforms or services, we offer.
How do we collect your personal data?
We may collect personal data about you in a number of circumstances, including
- When you or your company inquire about our services/courses.
- When you or your company view, make contact through or otherwise interact with our website.
- When you contact us to discuss our services.
- When you register for a training course or another Linx International Group event.
- When you or your company offer to provide services to us.
In some circumstances, we collect personal data about you from a third party source. For example, we may collect personal data from your organisation, other organisations with whom you have/had dealings, such as, academic establishments, awarding bodies, professional bodies, government agencies, a credit reporting agency, an information or service provider or from a publicly available record.
Are you required to provide personal data?
As a general principle, you will voluntarily provide us with your personal data; there are typically no adverse effects for you if you decide to withhold consent or personal data. However, there are circumstances in which the Linx International Group cannot complete certain actions without a particular portion of your personal data, for example completion of course registration, providing you with access to e-learning materials, tutor support, registration with awarding bodies. In these cases, it will unfortunately impact upon our ability to provide the relevant service.
For which purposes will we use your personal data?
We may use your personal data for the following purposes only (‘Permitted Purposes’):
- Providing all aspects of the training requirement requested by you or your company.
- Managing and administering your company’s business relationship with the Linx International Group including processing payments, accounting, auditing, billing and collection, support services;
- Compliance with our legal obligations (such as record keeping obligations);
- To analyse and improve our services and communications to you;
- Protecting the security of and managing access to our premises, IT and communication systems, online platforms, websites and other systems, preventing and detecting security threats, fraud or other criminal or malicious activities;
- For insurance purposes;
- For monitoring and assessing compliance with our policies and standards;
- To identify persons authorised to trade on behalf of our clients, customers, suppliers and/or service providers;
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and requests anywhere in the world, including reporting to and/or being audited by national and international regulatory bodies;
- To comply with court orders and exercises and/or defend our legal rights; and
- For any purpose related and/or ancillary to any of the above or any other purpose for which your personal data was provided to us.
Where you have expressly given us your consent, we may process your personal data also for the following purposes:
- Keeping in contact with you through the channels you have approved to keep you up to date on the latest events, training courses and services provided by the Linx International Group.
- Customer surveys, marketing campaigns, market analysis, or other promotional activities or events.
- Collecting information about your preferences to create a user profile to personalise and foster the quality of our communication and interaction with you (for example, by way of newsletter tracking or website analytics).
With regard to marketing-related communication, we will – where legally required – only provide you with such information after you have opted in and provide you the opportunity to opt out anytime if you do not want to receive further marketing-related communication from us. We will not use your personal data for taking any automated decisions affecting you or creating profiles other than described above.
Depending on which of the above Permitted Purposes we use your personal data, we may process your personal data on one or more of the following legal grounds:
- Because processing is necessary for the performance of a client instruction or other contract with you or your organisation.
- To comply with our legal obligations (e.g. to keep records of learners and their work for a minimum period as set by the awarding bodies).
- Because processing is necessary for purposes of our legitimate interest or those of any third party recipients that receive your personal data, provided that such interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
- In addition, the processing may be based on your consent where you have expressly given that to us.
With whom will we share your personal data?
We will never sell your personal information. We may share your personal data in the following circumstances:
- We may share your personal data between the Linx Group companies for purposes of marketing-related communication;
- If you are a client of the Linx International Group, or are contracted to or are an agent of a client of the Linx International Group we may disclose your personal data to companies within the Group.
- Such Third party companies and organisations who require the data to assist in providing the fulfilment of a contract between you and the Linx International Group or it’s companies.
- We may disclose your contact details on a confidential basis to third parties for the purposes of collecting your feedback on the Linx International Group’s service provision, to help us measure our performance and to improve and promote our services;
- We may share your personal data with companies providing services for money laundering checks, credit risk reduction and other fraud and crime prevention purposes and companies providing similar services, including financial institutions, credit reference agencies and regulatory bodies with whom such personal data is shared;
- We may share your personal data with any third party to whom we assign or novate any of our rights or obligations;
- We may share your personal data with courts, law enforcement authorities, regulators or attorneys or other parties where it is reasonably necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal or equitable claim, or for the purposes of a confidential alternative dispute resolution process;
- We may also instruct service providers within or outside of the Linx International Group, domestically or abroad, e.g. shared service centers, to process personal data for the Permitted Purposes on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions only.
- The Linx International Group will retain control over and will remain fully responsible for your personal data and will use appropriate safeguards as required by applicable law to ensure the integrity and security of your personal data when engaging such service providers;
- We may also use aggregated personal data and statistics for the purpose of monitoring website usage in order to help us develop our website and our services.
Otherwise, we will only disclose your personal data when you direct us or give us permission, when we are required by applicable law or regulations or judicial or official request to do so, or as required to investigate actual or suspected fraudulent or criminal activities.
Personal data about other people which you provide to us
Keeping personal data about you secure
We will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to keep your personal data confidential and secure in accordance with our internal procedures covering the storage, disclosure of and access to personal data. Personal data may be kept on our personal data technology systems, those of our contractors or in paper files.
Updating personal data about you
If any of the personal data that you have provided to us changes, for example if you change your email address or if you wish to cancel any request you have made of us, or if you become aware we have any inaccurate personal data about you, please let us know by sending an email firstname.lastname@example.org We will not be responsible for any losses arising from any inaccurate, inauthentic, deficient or incomplete Personal Data that you provide to us.
For how long do we retain your personal data?
Your personal data will be deleted when it is no longer reasonably required for the Permitted Purposes or you withdraw your consent (where applicable) and we are not legally required or otherwise permitted to continue storing such data.
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
This means that:
Subject to certain legal conditions, you have the right to request a copy of the personal data about you which we hold, to have any inaccurate personal data corrected and to object to or restrict our using your personal data. You may also make a complaint if you have a concern about our handling of your personal data.
If you wish to do any of the above please send an email to email@example.com. We may request that you prove your identity by providing us with a copy of a valid means of identification in order for us to comply with our security obligations and to prevent unauthorised disclosure of data. We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable administrative fee for any manifestly unfounded or excessive requests concerning your access to your data, and for any additional copies of the personal data you request from us.
We will consider any requests or complaints which we receive and provide you with a response in a timely manner. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may take your complaint to the relevant privacy regulator. We will provide you with details of your relevant regulator upon request.
How to get in touch with the Linx International Group
Call: +44 (0)1932 225151