Security Management Online
Qualification……………….. BTEC Level 4
Duration…………………….. Online – 50 learning hours
This online course is an essential introduction to the key ideas, techniques and concerns at the heart of professional security management today.
You’ll finish the course with a formal, internationally-recognised qualification which can help with career progression, promotion opportunities, and will formalise your experience of security.
The training provides comprehensive coverage of the responsibilities, resources and skills that are central to providing effective security management in the commercial environment.
From identifying issues, understanding theories about risk, and isolating causes and prevention of crime to designing and implementing loss prevention and security initiatives that really work, it’s the ideal course for today’s security manager.
- Role of the security manager
- Criminology, offenders and crime prevention theory
- Key legislation
- Risk management
- Crime management and prevention
- Security and working with human resources
- Supply chain security
- Security technology
- Preventing customer and supplier theft
- Preventing burglary, robbery and fraud
- Designing a security/crime reduction initiative
- Writing effective security reports
- Adding value through security
How is assessment measured?
Learners will complete a workbook which, when combined with a post-course written assignment, forms the basis of the BTEC accreditation assessment. You’ll receive support from the course tutor whenever it’s needed, and we’re here to support you during your studies.
If you’d like to complete this course in person, it is also delivered at one of our scheduled classroom events. View the classroom course information here.