Security Coordination and Design
Qualification……………………… BTEC Level 4
This classroom training course is a comprehensive introduction to the essentials of corporate security management. Suitable for all levels, this training is perfect for those wishing to understand the fundamentals of security.
It is designed to provide security managers and those for whom security is one of a number of responsibilities, with the knowledge and confidence necessary to manage a successful security management function.
Identifying assets, threats and vulnerabilities leads to the design of physical security countermeasures. The course focuses on the core requirements to secure people and other critical assets, including risk assessments, risk matrix creation, and how to prepare a business case for security provisions to a senior management team.
This programme takes the form of lectures, workshops, discussions and exercises. Learners are syndicated into groups, who will have the opportunity to solve typical security problems together.
The BTEC Level 4 assessment is completed during the week-long course, through a learner workbook, project presentation and trainer evaluation. There is no ‘exam’ as such; assessment is supported by the tutor who is there to ensure you gain the very best learning experience.
- Security risk measurement and management
- Designing loss prevention measures
- An introduction to security surveying
- Physical security of perimeters
- Physical security of buildings
- Access control
- Intruder detection systems
- CCTV and lighting
- Introduction to investigations
- Manpower selection and deployment
- Procedures and emergencies
- Security of information and IT systems
- Protection against explosive devices
- Protection of at-risk personnel