Managing Retail Security – Online
With crime a major issue on the high street, today’s retailers need to be aware of, and understand, how to mitigate threats to their stock, premises, staff and customers.
This course provides critical insights into retail security and examines the key techniques involved in identifying and managing loss, as well as the essential security management knowledge and skills needed to work within the retail sector.
The course demonstrates the latest ideas, techniques and systems for the protection of people, premises, stock and profits.
It demonstrates how these can be combined with management best practice to produce security solutions tailored for the retail environment.
- The scale and impact of retail crime
- Causes and methods of retail crime
- Understanding ‘hot stores’, ‘hot products’ & ‘hot people’
- Retail risk assessments and security surveys
- What are CRAVED products and how to protect them
- Distribution and supply chain security
- How to use situational crime prevention to reduce loss
- Physical and electronic protection
- Getting the most from your security officers
- Planning and managing a retail loss reduction initiative adding value
- Current regulation and legislation
Assessment is via short answer questions, which are completed as you work through the course.