Security Surveying and Design
Qualification……….BTEC Level 4
Duration…………….five day course
This practical course uses a real site which will be visited during the course to teach learners: how to carry our a security survey; how to make recommendations based on security management best practice; and how to write-up and present a survey report.
To ensure all participants have the same basic understanding of security design principles at the start of the course, a pre-course reading assignment will be distributed to all delegates.
During the course learners will complete a workbook which will form the basis of the BTEC Level 4 accreditation, and will prepare and deliver a presentation within a syndicate group.
- The constituent parts of a security system
- Risk and risk treatment
- Determining protection needs
- Putting security design ideals into practice
- Security design and the environment
- Security design principles
- The purpose of a security survey
- Sequencing a survey and survey methodology
- Determining survey scope
- Planning and research
- Models for assessing and presenting risk
- Surveying field work practical
- Presentation and report writing