Strategic Security Management Stage Three
Security Management Programme
This comprehensive three-stage programme has been successfully completed by hundreds of security professionals from some of the world’s most prestigious organisations.
It is designed for security managers, supervisors, and anyone else with responsibility for the security management function, whether in the public or private sector. The programme is suited to newly appointed security managers with a police or military background and employees who have been transferred from other departments.
Learners will be introduced to a range of risk management and security design tools to enhance their organisation’s ability to protect its assets.
The programme comprises lectures, workshops, case studies and exercise scenarios, during which learners will complete challenging risk and security design projects that require development of strategy and mitigation measures. Recommendations, solutions and budgetary implications have to be justified to representatives of the ‘executive team’.
This programme is Skills for Security certificated, and learners who complete any or all of the three stages may be eligible to receive a maximum of 80 recognition of prior learning (RPL) credits towards the online MSc International Security and Risk Management, delivered by Perpetuity Training in collaboration with the University of South Wales.
Stage Three: Strategic Security Management
Qualification…………..Skills for Security Certificate
- Enterprise risk management and governance
- Global risks and corporate continuity
- Corporate social responsibility
- Adding strategic value to security management
- Setting a vision for corporate security
- Kidnap risk reduction and response
- Illicit trade and counterfeiting
- Dealing with protest activity
- Ethics, corruption and compliance
- Product tampering and extortion
- External liaison and stakeholder engagement
- Business expansion – security considerations
- Security considerations when closing/moving operations
- Security intelligence
- Change management and future trends in security
- Strategic security management exercise
- Course project