Managing Security Surveys
Qualification……………… BTEC Level 4
Conducting a security survey is an essential skill for security managers and their teams, and is often fundamental to the design and functionality of a good security provision. The training will demonstrate how to identify the particular threats to your business, premises and staff, and how you can protect against them.
This classroom course provides a step-by-step guide to the process of conducting an effective survey. You will leave the course having created and designed a template for conducting your own security surveys, which you can then use at your place of work.
During the training, our experienced instructors will guide you through each stage involved in conducting a survey. You will also learn how to use the security survey as part of your ongoing risk analysis and security strategy.
Assessment for this BTEC Level 4 Award includes the creation of a portfolio of work, forming the basis of a written assignment. This written assignment is then completed after the classroom training has finished, in your own environment. In addition to the written assignment, the 1:1 sessions with the instructor at the end of the course also forms the basis of the BTEC accreditation.
As part of the course you will be able to put in to practice the theory you have learnt by undertaking a physical survey of a site, under the supervision of the instructor.
- When to conduct a security survey
- How to plan and conduct a security survey
- What constitutes an effective security survey
- How to use crime prevention methods and techniques to reduce crime and loss
- How to use the security survey to prepare a risk assessment
- What security measures are available and when and how to use them
- How to write a security survey report and make effective recommendations