Managing Crises in the Oil and Gas Sector
Qualification………………… IQ Level 4
Duration……………………… five-day course
Globally, the gas and oil sectors present energy companies with a particularly good return on investment; but with this unique business prospect comes increased levels of risk.
It is generally agreed that a badly managed risk may elevate to a crisis, and if the correct procedures are not in place, the crisis will quickly evolve into a disaster. This training provides learners with the knowledge and skills needed to mitigate these risks, and effectively deal with any potential fall-out.
- An introduction to risk and risk management
- Threats to the oil and gas sectors
- Concepts, principles and characteristics of a crisis
- Identifying a crisis and placing into the correct context and perspective
- Understanding the importance of pre, during and post crisis management
- Crisis management planning
- The structure and roles of the crisis management team(s)
- Crisis management best practice and international standards
- Resilience, response and recovery
- Crisis communications and decision-making strategies