Kidnap and Ransom Management
Qualification……………… SFJ Awards Level 4
Duration………………….. four-day course
This accredited short course is designed to provide you with the skills to act effectively in the event of a kidnap scenario. It focuses on the corporate world and the roles and responsibilities of the response team.
You will receive a high level of practical skill and theoretical knowledge needed to act confidently, objectively and effectively when protecting the physical integrity of your staff or company assets, if threatened by a kidnap or commercial extortion-related incident.
Aided by the use of scenarios, this course enables you to explore and understand the duty of care and responsibilities. This also included primacy and legal considerations, crisis response and management as it relates to kidnap and ransom. You will also cover communication, including victim and offender contact, as well as negotiation skills, external and internal messaging.
The skills taught encompass the response to a kidnapping, or commercial extortion, and how this dovetails with corporate crisis management planning. Assessment for this course includes group work, 1:1’s with the trainer, and a short group presentation.
- Background to kidnap and ransom
- Current global trends
- Risk and threat identification and mitigation
- Organisational responsibility and preparedness
- Duty of care considerations
- Emergency response and crisis management
- Primacy and structure
- Roles of departments, other companies and state and local law enforcement
- Communication strategy
- Victim/hostage takers
- Social media
- Negotiation structure and process
- Managing a negotiated solution
- Post incident issues