Security Institute Diploma in Security Management – Online
The Security Institute Diploma in
Qualification………………….BTEC Level 5
Duration……………………….12 Months, 370 learning hours, 5 CPD points
This training course is proudly delivered in partnership with the Security Institute.
The Diploma in Security Management course gives you a broad understanding of how security theory works with best practice information. This means that your existing knowledge of security management will be enhanced through this formal qualification, and you will learn how to form successful security initiatives in the workplace.
You will explore a host of security management-related concepts, from your own ideas and experiences to scenarios related to the workplace, identifying issues and understanding ideas about the risks, to causes and prevention of crime.
This course is designed for those have experience in security management, who now wish to achieve professional recognition and gain an accredited security qualification. Many of our learners have been security practitioners for some time and recognise that their practical experience would benefit from underpinning knowledge delivered through an internationally-recognised Diploma course.
- Understanding Security
- Understand the role of security managers and the purpose of security management; the principles of security; how the level of security measures must be balanced with the level of the threat
- Threats to Security
- Know how to carry out disaster planning; manage disaster and post-incident recovery. Understand the threat of terrorism and measures to counter terrorist action
- Risk Management
- Know how to identify and appraise risks. Understand the principles of insuring risks; psychological and cultural approaches to risk management.
- The Legal System
- Understand the importance of employment law for security management; employment law and the legislation and regulation of industrial disputes; the implications of employment law for security management.
- Understand the theory of management in relation to security management; why management skills are important to security managers. Be able to identify the skills required by a security manager to carry out their job effectively.
You will study five mandatory modules to achieve the BTEC Level 5 qualification. For each module, you are tasked with two written assignments at 1,500 words each.
Assignment one is based on core theory covered in the module materials, and the other assignment is based on applying that theory to real-world, best practice. This can include being tasked to write a job advertisement for a new security management role, or designing a poster to deter employee theft, for instance.
There are no examinations for this course, and you are encouraged to conduct your own research using the PerpetuityARC Training eLibrary.
The course is open to all who operate within the private and public security sectors, and have:
- a minimum of 3 years security management experience,
- 3 years in the armed forces in a supervisory role,
- have successfully completed the Security Institute Certificate in Security Management.
Your course will begin when you have registered and payment is received. There are no intake months; just join when you are ready to learn!
If you’d like to gain an accreditation in security management but aren’t sure that the Diploma is at the right level for you, consider the Security Institute Certificate. It’s a great starting point if you’re new to academic study – or if it’s been a while!
If you’d like financial support in paying for your training in monthly instalments, you can apply for credit to do so here: Finance