Advanced Investigation Techniques
Qualification……….. SFJ Awards Level 5
Duration ……………..five-day course
CPE……………………. Earn 5 CPE points upon completion of this course
The Advanced Investigation Techniques training course is specifically designed for learners with existing knowledge and experience of workplace investigations and interviews, and/or people who have completed the Workplace Investigations and Interviewing course (BTEC Level 4).
Enabling learners to conduct well-managed and effective interviews at a strategic level, you will explore a variety of investigation and interview topics from a management perspective.
This course provides the theoretical knowledge and practical skills necessary to act confidently, objectively and effectively when compiling an appropriate case file. It equips learners with the skills to assemble a fitting final report for dissemination.
Through scenario-based learning, you will explore and understand: the primacy, boundaries and parameters of investigation; compliance requirements; media management; structure and content of investigation plans; legal considerations; recovery of evidence; witness interaction; and in-depth interview techniques.
This course is delivered by subject matter experts, and spaces are strictly limited to give learners the optimum one-to-one tutor time.
- Roles and responsibilities of the advanced investigator
- Integrity policies and ‘whistleblowing’ considerations
- Transparency versus confidentiality
- Investigation structure, accountability and reporting lines
- Disclosure issues
- Key legislation
- Vital forensic principles
- Cyber issues
- Early liaison with legal and judiciary advisors
- The importance of research
- Types and characteristics of witnesses
- Identification and recognition of coping strategies
- Personal resilience, patience and focus
- Welfare and support
If you’d like to explore whether this course is for you, give us a call or drop us an email; we’ll be happy to discuss options.